Ilya Zakharevich on Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:58:10 -0500

Re: Plotting problem with y scaling

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 03:17:25PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> I have not found any other possibilities to change the y scaling that using
> the rather complex plotrecth function.

Oh, get real!  You call the 5-liner you posted (with added plotclip())
"rather complex"?!

> plotinit(0,1,1,1);
> plotscale(0,-5,5,-10,10);
> plotrecth(0,x=-5,5,1/(x^2+x^3),4);

  plotclip(0)	\\ syntax?

> plotdraw([0,0,0])

> Ghostview complain on the pari.ps file ,
> Unrecoverable error: limitcheck in lineto
> on these kind of line
> -1609366 619 lineto
> -1593332 620 lineto
>
> so it seems that pari attempt to draw line far outside the page.

No, it is *you* who did not plotclip() the drawing.  ;-)

But, of course, the output drivers could do their own clipping as well
(as I think gnuplot driver does).

Ilya