Karim BELABAS on Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:55:33 +0100 (MET)

Re: minor corrections

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> a) CVS.txt says:
>
>     cvs -d :pserver:cvs@megrez.math.u-bordeaux.fr:/home/megrez/cvsroot login
>
>   Hit return when asked for a password (there's no password); then back to
>   the shell prompt
>
>     cvs -z3 -d :pserver:cvs@megrez.math.u-bordeaux.fr:/home/megrez/cvsroot checkout pari
>
> In fact on the second line -d serv... is not needed.

It is needed for me (cvs-1.11):

(12:43) geo-karim% cvs -d :pserver:cvs@megrez.math.u-bordeaux.fr:/home/megrez/cvsroot login
(Logging in to cvs@megrez.math.u-bordeaux.fr)
CVS password:
(12:43) geo-karim% cvs checkout pari
cvs checkout: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
cvs [checkout aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.

> b) Oarchitecture/Makefile does not list gp-sta gp-dyn as dependencies
>    for dobench.

This is intentional: the point was that 'make dobench' would run the bench
without recompiling anything (in particular, if a single binary is present,
without running two sets of identical tests). Useful when you want to run
quick regression tests [OK, we still don't have a decent regression test,
but still...].

> Thus
>
>      make -j4 bench
>
>    runs things in a wrong order.

This is an unfortunate side effect. I've removed the dobench dependencies,
and copy-pasted the corresponding commands in the relevant targets.

    Karim.
--
Karim Belabas                    Tel: (+33) (0)1 69 15 57 48
Dép. de Mathematiques, Bat. 425  Fax: (+33) (0)1 69 15 60 19