Daniel Duparc on Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:09:09 +0200

Re: DYNAMIC_PLOTTING with gnuplot made easy

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:45:29 -0400
Ilya Zakharevich <ilya@math.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 12:19:40PM +0200, Karim BELABAS wrote:
> > My (wild) guess when looking at gnuterm/term/x11.prm, is that you need
> > gnuplot_x11 to be present in the path, otherwise I don't see how all this can
> > possibly work.
> >
> > Check: I renamed gnuplot_x11, and 'make test' does not work anymore for me
> > either (gnuplot_x11 never was in root's path in any case). If I put it back,
> > it works.
> >
> > So, either skip the x11 test, make it non-fatal (it would be skipped anyway,
> > should DISPLAY not be set) or ask user to fully install gnuplot first.
>
> Yes, having fully installed gnuplot is a requirement for x11
> plotting...  Hmm, but why is something different when not root?

I think that in many distributions of Linux, root has
a $PATH quite different of a normal user's $PATH,
(for security reasons?)
Best regards

--
Daniel Duparc <daniel.duparc@free.fr>