Bill Allombert on Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:43:22 +0200

Re: Unable to compile Pari 1.2.4 on hpux 10.20

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 05:28:05PM -0400, Igor Schein wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 10:58:15AM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > AFAIK, the problem is that the assembly kernel no more compile on 10.20.
> > You can require the use of the C kernel with
> > Configure -a
> > and answering:
> > Currently supported architectures                            : hppa
> > I know of the following Operating Systems                    : hpux
> > An optimized Pari kernel is available for these architectures: none
> >
> > Alternatively, you can use
> > Configure --host=none
> > but this is not equivalent.
>
> Why is is not equivalent?  I believe it is.

It is not. The object directory will not be named the same (Onone instead of
Ohpux-hppa) and no HPUX specific setting will take place. In this regard, it is
probably better to use Configure --host=hpux-none. Else you will not get the
same level of optimization.  Also gp --version will not display the same
string, etc...