Bill Allombert on Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:58:21 +0200

Re: functions returning int with 'l' protocodes.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 11:47:55AM -0700, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 11:03:25AM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > > Can you decide on the letter, so that I can upgrade Math::Pari?
> > Would 'i' be OK for every one ?
>
> On needs one letter for input, another for output.

For now, only output is neccessary. And since we are going to redesign
the system, it is not a high priority to allow installed functions
to take an int. Especially since there is no 't_INT to C int' conversions
routines in GP. Even, I would not encourage the use of 'int' for whatever
in PARI. Currently functions with return type 'int' are comparaison functions
which only return either -1, 0 or 1.