Leonhard Möhring on Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:02:36 +0100

setrand behaviour

Hi,

I noticed the second call to random after setrand depends
quite linearly on the seed. Is that expected/wished/(changed
in CVS ;)?

Leo

Reading GPRC: /user/moehring/.gprc ...Done.

                  GP/PARI CALCULATOR Version 2.1.4 (released)
                i586 running linux (ix86 kernel) 32-bit version
                  (readline disabled, extended help available)

                       Copyright (C) 2002 The PARI Group

PARI/GP is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
comes WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER.

Type ? for help, \q to quit.
Type ?12 for how to get moral (and possibly technical) support.

   realprecision = 28 significant digits
   seriesprecision = 16 significant terms
   format = g0.28

parisize = 32000000, primelimit = 500000
(12:59) gp > plot(z=0,100,if(1,setrand(round(z));random();random(200)))

      194 |'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''"_'''''''''''''''''''''''''''|
          |                                 : "                          |
          "_                                :  "x                        |
          | x                               :    "x                      |
          |  "x                             :      "                     |
          |    "_                           :       "x                   |
          |      x                          :         "x                 |
          |       "x                        :           "                |
          |         "x                      :            "x              |
          |           "                     :              "x            |
          |            "x                   :                "           |
          |              "_                :                  "x         |
          |                x               :                    "x       |
          |                 "x             :                      x_     |
          |                   "_           :                        x    |
          |                        "x      :                             x
          0                                                            100
time = 0 ms.
(13:00) gp >