Alberto Simões/EPL on Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:53:45 +0100

Using PARI as a library

Hello

We are developing a tool for Gnome which aims to be (well, to dream is
free) a Mathematica clone. Of course we know how to program Gtk/Gnome,
write parsers, evaluate formulae... but we dont have any knowledge of
algebric/symbolic computation.

So, we were looking for a library which could do this for us. I
downloaded Pari/GP, and it seems a brilliant application... but
as I read (well, looked to it) the documentation, it seems not so
easy like that to use Pari library.

Can anybody point if it can be feasible, or should we adopt GP and
only do a GUI frontend? (well... I would like to maintain my own
language and parser...)

I would like to hear from you,

best regards,
 Alberto Simões
--
Departamento de Informatica - Universidade do Minho

"The C Programming Language -- A language which combines the
flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language."