Ilya Zakharevich on Tue, 17 Jun 2003 03:37:50 -0700

Re: Building Math::Pari on Solaris 8, 64-bit mode

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 01:24:51PM -0400, mik@racerx.homedns.org wrote:
> I am attempting to build Math::Pari 2.010500 on a Solaris 8 machine using gcc
> 3.2.3.  I am also trying to build it in 64-bit mode.  Does Math::Pari support
> this?

I have no idea.

> The build appears to work w/o a problem.  No errors or warnings are produced
> by gcc beyond the occassional "cast to pointer from integer of different size".

This should not happen.

>   Platform:
>     osname=solaris, osvers=2.8, archname=sun4-solaris-thread-multi

Can you try the same without thread/multi stuff first?

> mik@borris) perl Makfile.PL
> ...ulong
> ...getrusage
> Creating libPARI/paricfg.h...

Can you rename this file, and retry with Configure option?

> ...Processor of family `port' detected

> If I try to force the machine type with machine=sparcv9, the build then
> generates this warning on every file in libPARI:
> pariinl.h:58: warning: call-clobbered register used for global register variable

The assembler files for sparcs are for 32-mode only.

Yours,
Ilya