Bill Allombert on Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:13:02 +0200

Re: galdata location

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 01:52:15AM -0400, Igor Schein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> % strings galois.o|grep galdata
> /home/igor/local/lib/pari/galdata
>
> I think it shouldn't be in galois.c, because if I re-run Configure

I agree!

> with a different --prefix, the change doesn't kick in unless I remove
> galois.o.  Maybe it should be in one of the files which get rebuild
> when Configure is re-run, like gp.c for example?

No, no, this should not be hardcoded in galois.c in the first place.
The proper way would be to have a default() for the path to data files,
here set to /home/igor/local/lib/pari/, and make galois.o to look in
default(datapath)/galdata.

This way we can add new datafile without changing GP: we just need to
use another suffix instead of galdata.