Bill Allombert on Sat, 08 Nov 2003 14:28:58 +0100

Re: Experimenting with the Alpha build.

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 11:56:13AM +0100, Karim BELABAS wrote:
> I have started by committing a Galois testsuite:
>
>     make test-galois
>
> will test every single branch of the polgalois() code in about 1 minute.
> [ dotest-galois does the same without rebuilding missing gp binaries first ].
> Relevant tests are run twice, both with new_galois_format = 0 and 1.

I wonder whether we want such tests to be run by (some of) the automatic test
builds.

In this case, a target that run all the relevant tests would be handy.

> Anybody wants to contribute series of non-trivial ( categorized ) tests ?

I have sent to you a test for galoisinit some times ago. Maybe you
want to include it ?

Naming the tests after the function tested can avoid name clash in the
future.