Justin C. Walker on Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:51:08 +0100

Re: Mac OS X + PARI + FLTK

On Sunday, November 9, 2003, at 09:05 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

A quick update:

On Friday, November 7, 2003, at 10:46 AM, Karim BELABAS wrote:

Hi,

  I have ported gp hi-res graphics to the MacOS X platform, using the
lightweight fltk library (www.fltk.org). Provided, fltk is installed,
this is enabled by

    Configure --with-fltk

There are two problems:
[snip]
I don't see run-away CPU activity when I execute the above (the CPU meter is pegged somewhere near the bottom), and I get a prompt back right away (independent of whether I terminate with a ';').

I spoke too soon on this one. While my first attempts did not show any extraneous CPU activity, at some point later, I did get a child process of gp taking off on its own. I will have to do a little more spade work to figure this out.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        |    Men are from Earth.