Ilya Zakharevich on Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:16:23 +0200

Re: gp: anal.c more bugs

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 09:17:13AM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Could you be more explicit: avoid *which* problem?  Is ABI of the (5?)
> > used X11 functions changing all the time?

> No, the problem is that you can compile PARI/GP to use a different graphic
> library (Qt, fltk, none) instead of X11. That should not lead to a libpari
> incompatible with another.

Can you explain where you see the difference with the situation with
GMP kernel?  If there is no difference, I do not see any reason to
avoid inclusion of the graphing part...

And again: AFAIK, on most systems it is possible to link DLLs in such
a way that the calling process does not need to know about DLL
dependencies.  But this still applies equally to kernel and the
graphing engine.

Hope this helps,
Ilya