Justin Walker on Wed, 06 Apr 2005 22:53:44 +0200

Re: paripriv.h

On Apr 6, 2005, at 1:40, Bill Allombert wrote:

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:15:23PM -0700, Justin Walker wrote:
Hi, all,

I just tripped over a textual glitch in paripriv.h.  A couple of lines
use the argument "GEN B0".
[snip]
I changed "B0" to "_B0", and it worked without problem.  Should I file
a bug?

Can't you use a separate modules for the part that use termios.h,
or alternatively #undef B0 somewhere?

Good suggestions. We actually elected to remove the header file after deciding that "priv" meant "private". If we run into similar problems, "#undef" seems reasonable.

[snip]
So while I am not sold on keeping B0, you cannot rely on us not using
inadvertently any of the above names in the future (especially in a
private header file), so you should be better off solving it on your side.

Agreed. I understand our structure a bit better now, and it is definitely going to be our problem in the future.

Cheers,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large