Bill Allombert on Mon, 09 May 2005 19:31:59 +0200

PARI/GP build failures with gcc-4.0

Hello PARI developers,

For those of you who keep an eye on the the PARI/GP buildlogs,
( http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/buildlog.html ) you have probably seen
that I have added 4 amd64 builds and 4 gcc-4.0 (on x86) builds.

The amd64 builds are OK, but the gcc 4.0 ones exhibit two problems:
1) matker is broken
2) divri_with_gmp is broken.

For now, I am tempted to believe this is a compiler bug.
This only happens when compiled with -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer.

Casual observations seems to imply that the bugs are linked to the
-finline-functions optimisation.

Do you have similar experiences with gcc 4.0 ?