Sam Steingold on Wed, 13 Jul 2005 01:02:15 +0200

Re: run-time problems with cygwin: some symbols are not found at run time

> * Alain SMEJKAL <n.fzrwxny@serr.se> [2005-07-12 20:24:37 +0200]:
>

> I got a different behavior here (using same gcc version) :
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <pari/pari.h>
> int main (int argc, char* argv[]) {
>   printf("binomial: 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)&binomial);
>   printf("rnfhermitebasis: 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)&rnfhermitebasis);
>   printf("allocatemoremem: 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)&allocatemoremem);
>
>   return 0;
> }
>
> binomial: 0x4010e0
> rnfhermitebasis: 0x4010d0
> allocatemoremem: 0x4010c0

OK, I figured this out.
the problem is that libpari is installed in /usr/local/lib which is not
in PATH (and on woe32 DDLs have to be in PATH).
so, long ago I create a hard link from /usr/local/lib/libpari-2.2.dll to
/usr/local/bin/libpari-2.2.dll which the pari installation process
destroyed (thus I ended up with 2 libpari's: old in /usr/local/bin/ and
new in /usr/local/lib/).

Thus, I must request that pari on cygwin install libpari also in
/usr/local/bin (as a hard link, if possible).

Also, while I am at it, it would be nice to have an "uninstall" make
target too.

thanks.

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.honestreporting.com> <http://ffii.org/>
<http://pmw.org.il/> <http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/>
Never trust a man who can count to 1024 on his fingers.