Bill Allombert on Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:01:30 +0200

Re: Proposed elldata database at the PARI workshop

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 11:48:44PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:

> Done. Please find a new, non-cumulative, patch that allow to do the
> above: (with parisize >=8000000).
>
> ? E = ellinit("9744C2");
> ? ellgens(E)
> %2 = [[-11, 14], [-10, 18]]
>
> but it is quite inefficient since that do a double-look up, so you can
> do instead:
> ? ellgens("9744C2")
> %2 = [[-11, 14], [-10, 18]]

Hello PARI-dev,
I have renamed ellgens to ellgenerators and removed the feature above
because returning the generators without the curve coefficients was
meaningless. If you need it, use ellsearch directly which return all the
needed data.