Karim Belabas on Sun, 20 Jan 2008 15:45:01 +0100

Re: documentation in PDF?

* Vincent Lefevre [2008-01-19 23:17]:
> Hyperlinks don't seem to work. Also, there doesn't seem to be support for
> a table of contents.

Er ... Something is wrong there.

After 'make docpdf' and 'xpdf users.pdf' I get a two-column view
with a hyperlinked table of contents in the left-hand one and the main
manual in the right-hand side.  Only the chapters are shown in the
table of contents, but clicking on the small triangle to the left of the
chapter name opens the (clickable) list of sections there.

All crossreferences (e.g. p 13, line 6: "described in Section 2.16")
appear in red (2.16) and are clickable. Same for the index entries at the end.

The main table of contents in the manual is not clickable, but it's less
useful than the bookmarks (which always appear independently of the
page we're looking at). Anyway, I'll fix this.

BTW, just typing 'pdftex users' will not work: the pdfmacs macros only
output hyperlinks when the \ifѕecondpass flag is set (requires a file
users.std, as created by the users.pdf target in the Makefile).

Cheers,

    K.B.

P.S: Debian testing here.
--
Karim Belabas                  Tel: (+33) (0)5 40 00 26 17
Universite Bordeaux 1          Fax: (+33) (0)5 40 00 69 50