Karim Belabas on Sun, 04 Jan 2009 02:38:30 +0100

Re: NULLs in gerepileall

* Xavier Roblot [2009-01-04 00:17]:
> Using gerepileall (and related memory management functions) on a vector
> containing some NULLs gives a SIGSEV (in the function taille0_nolist).
> Is there a way to solve this problem that does not require replacing
> NULLs by something else? I find it very convenient, for many reasons,
> to use NULLs in vectors...

1) NULLs are not proper GENs, hence no object containing NULLs can be a
proper GEN; gerepile & friends are only guaranteed to work on proper
GENs. (As it happens, some gerepile functions do accept NULL as input
but this is undocumented and may not last.)

2) Why do you need gerepile at all on a vector containing NULLs ?
Can you post a minimal, realistic example ?

Happy New Year !

    K.B.
--
Karim Belabas, IMB (UMR 5251)  Tel: (+33) (0)5 40 00 26 17
Universite Bordeaux 1          Fax: (+33) (0)5 40 00 69 50