Jason Moxham on Fri, 03 Jul 2009 17:32:42 +0200

Re: Some bugs?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Allombert" <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr>
To: <pari-dev@list.cr.yp.to>
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: Some bugs?

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 05:00:42PM +0100, Jason Moxham wrote:
The tests ellglobalred and galois both static and dynamic are broken on
linux64,cygwin32 on pari-2.4.2 and svn , I assume you allready know this
so I wont post details.

Did you sure you installed the optional packages ?
(ellglobalred needs elldata and galois needs galdata)

Pari SVN on linux 64 breaks on ellsea and ZN both static and dynamic ,
I'll post details when I'm back on that machine.

ellsea needs the package seadata. zn has been broken by Karim latest
commit (which remove a warning). ideal has been broken in 32bit
for several months.

Pari-2.4.2 on Cygwin32 with gmp breaks on polchebshev static and dynamic

This seems to work on linux32 though. Could you compare the output of
polchebyshev(n,2) (for n=26..50) on cygwin and linux ?

Pari svn on cygwin32 breaks on ellsea,ideal and aurifeuille(STATIC)

I covered ellsea and ideal earlier. aurifeuille should work fine.
The aurifeuille problem is probably caused by the use of 'install'.
Is the test 'program' passing ?  Is install working correctly ?
Maybe 'install' on cygwin cannot cope with long symbol names like
'factor_Aurifeuille_prime' but work fine with 'addii'.

The test "program" fails on cygwin32/pari-svn static only with

$ cat Ocygwin-i686/program-sta.dif
*** ../src/test/32/program      Fri Jul  3 00:21:58 2009
--- gp.out      Fri Jul  3 15:55:55 2009
***************
*** 131,139 ****
 400 1.632424285532931448171405619
 ? install(addii,GG)
 ? addii(1,2)
! 3
 ? kill(addii)
 ? getheap
! [26, 3338]
 ? print("Total time spent: ",gettime);
! Total time spent: 40
--- 131,141 ----
 400 1.632424285532931448171405619
 ? install(addii,GG)
 ? addii(1,2)
!   ***   at top-level: addii(1,2)
!   *** addii: bug in PARI/GP (Segmentation Fault), please report
 ? kill(addii)
 ? getheap
! [25, 3331]
 ? print("Total time spent: ",gettime);
! Total time spent: 0

I assume that explains aurifeuille failing on static only.

Thanks for performing all these tests!