Bill Allombert on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:52:46 +0200

Re: break> prompt

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 09:47:55AM -0400, Igor Schein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In svn version 11882 ^C would take you from break> prompt to regular prompt,
> but in version 11961 it doesn't any more.  Is it intentional or accidental?

This is mostly intentional, see bug #958. The purpose of this change is
to avoid the loss of a computation that you interrupted to look at its
progress. For example if you stop the computation to change the debug level
and make an error, you should still be allowed to continue the computation.
This include spurious ^C stroke.

> >From the point of convenience, I much prefer version 11882 behavior.

Honestly, I did not know that ^C would get you out of the breakloop, and it is
not documented. I suggest to use ^D instead.