Bill Allombert on Wed, 21 Jul 2010 23:01:30 +0200

Re: some glitches in make test-all

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:04:59PM +0100, John Cremona wrote:
> I was able to fix my specific problem (opting not to test
> ellglobalred) by changing line 7 of config/get_tests from
>
> test_extra_out="ploth"

> test_extra_out="ploth ellglobalred"
>
> Now, it should not be hard to make this automatic by testing the
> existence of the data directory $GP_DATA_DIR/elldata and similarly to
> include ell-sea in that list iff  $GP_DATA_DIR/seadata does not exist.
>  By scripting skills are not so good, and I'm sure the person who
> wrote get_tests could do that faster and more reliably than me!

Well, the purpose of 'make test-all' is to test everything (as long as we have
written tests), so this requires potentially that all the optional packages are
installed.  Making a commitment that 'make test-all' will work with
such-and-such subset of the packages would not make sense.  So would blindly
omiting tests, because the user would assume the tests did pass while they were
not performed at all.

What you actually want is another 'make test-*' target that do what you want.