Bill Allombert on Wed, 06 Jun 2012 22:12:08 +0200

Re: ellpow renamed to ellmul

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 08:53:14PM +0100, John Cremona wrote:
> On 6 June 2012 20:06, Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr> wrote:
> > Dear PARI developers,
> >
> > I have renamed the GP function ellpow to ellmul, for symmetry with elladd.
> > (ellpow is still available for backward compatibility, but deprecated).
> > I have also renamed the matching C functions.
> >
> > It was awkward to have both elladd and ellpow.
> > I have also added a function ellneg for completeness.
>
> Hooray!

Well, if you have other potential hooray moment, please share them with us,
this might increase the likelyhood they get from potential to actual [1].

[1] as long as you do not ask us to prove BSD of course, but elliptic curves
over finite fields are OK (hint, hint).