LoÃc Grenià on Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:16:18 +0200

Re: temporary files under win32

2012/10/18 Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr>:
> Dear PARI developers,
>
> I get report that PARI support for temporary files on win32 is not reliable.
> In particular when running several instance of GP running factorisation.
>
> I would be glad if someone could review this code
> (in src/language/es.c)
>
> To debug under gp, do
> \gf2
> factorint(2^251-1,14)

    It should work without problem under cygwin.

    Under win32, the problem is that all temporary files have the
  same name. It sounds possible to use the same system as
  UNIX, creating in  src/systems/win32/win32.c

  - pid_t getpid(void)
  which would return the pid of the process, using
  GetCurrentProcessId.

  - uid_t getuid(void)
  which would return some hash of the user name (using
  GetUserName).

         Thanks,

                  LoÃc