LoÃc Grenià on Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:10:55 +0200

Real roots of a polynomial

    Hello pari developers,

    does anybody know any way to obtain the real roots of a
  polynomial without computing the non-real ones (potentially
  saving time) ? A quick and dirty gp script using Sturm sequence
  and Legendre bounds was 35% faster than polroots on a
  (single) sample polynomial. Is there any secret pari function
  GEN __get_real_roots_of_polynomial_really_fast(GEN P) that
  I have not noticed ? If it helps, I only need the roots between two
  bounds.

       Thanks,

             LoÃc