Jean-Pierre Flori on Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:44:10 +0100

Building PARI/GP on Debian sparc

Dear all,

I tried to build PARI 2.5.3 on a ultrasparc computer running Debian
(64 bit kernel, trying to build everything 32 bits, not sure it would
have any influence on the following) and had to find workarounds for
the following problems:
* got a bunch of "Error: Hardware capability "mul32" not enabled for
"umul"." and similar errors, apprently you have to give more clues to
the assembler, for instance setting CFLAGS="-mcpu=v9" solves this,
* option "-mimpure-text" is passed if the arch is sparc* but that's
only supported by a GCC targetting Solaris, so I modified the right
file in the config dir.

I did not check with the 2.6 branch but assumed that nothing changed
for such unusual systems.
Excuse me if this was taken care of already and thanks again for the
great software.

Best,

--
Jean-Pierre Flori