Ariel Pacetti on Fri, 14 Nov 2014 23:56:11 +0100

Re: Thue equations

Actually Karim's example (which I sent him) has positive discriminant, and the reduction it uses is the standard sl_2 one for definite quadratic forms over the integers. For the indefinite ones (cubic fields with negative discriminants), John is right that Julia's reduction is faster than Matthew's and than reducing the binary indefinite form (for thue purposes) computationaly speaking (I tested billons of cases)

Ariel