Jeroen Demeyer on Tue, 09 Dec 2014 23:11:39 +0100

Re: new GP functions varhigher / varlower

On 2014-11-26 19:11, Karim Belabas wrote:
I spent some time with Bill to allow variables of arbitrary priorities
in libpari, then GP. There were discussions on pari-dev, originating e.g. in

   http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/archives/pari-dev-0609/msg00009.html

then various partial patches proposed (by Bill and Jeroen Demeyer) to cater for
specific needs, but no global semantic had been agreed upon.
Thanks, I indeed wrote a (partial) patch for this about 2 years ago, but never got around to finish it.

This would be very useful for Sage, where we sometimes want to create a variable with higher priority than 'x.