Bill Allombert on Thu, 07 May 2015 15:02:38 +0200

Re: Strassen multiplication over the integers

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 12:09:45PM +0200, Peter Bruin wrote:
> Hello Bill,

> I have now implemented this; see the attached patch.  It is completely
> analogous to ZM_mul_sw.  There are some new tests to ensure that the new
> code is covered.

Did you test whether ZM_mul_sw was faster than gen_matmul_sw (with the same
tuning) ?

One would need to write a bb_field instance for Z (the inv field is not used).

It is unfortunate that gen_matmul() takes a bb_field because it is also valid
over rings. I am not sure what is the best way to handle that.