Jeroen Demeyer on Mon, 18 May 2015 08:32:30 +0200

Re: OS X: ??sumnummon does not work

On 2015-05-16 21:04, Bill Allombert wrote:
What files exactly were missing from the archive, that could not be
regenerated ?
There were no files missing, it was just that usersch3.tex was not up to date: the problem was that I did not run "make doc" before "make snapshot". A second issue is that usersch3.tex was not regenerated on the target machine because "make doc" does not rebuild usersch3.tex if there is no TeX installation.

So I think there are 2 bugs here (and fixing any of these 2 would have prevented this problem):

* bug 1: "make snapshot" should have dependencies on the source files, in particular usersch3.tex

* bug 2: "make install" should rebuild usersch3.tex even if TeX is not installed.