Bill Allombert on Tue, 26 May 2015 22:47:34 +0200

Re: Wrong prototype for listcreate()

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 08:14:19AM +0200, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
> On 2015-05-25 20:43, Bill Allombert wrote:
> >Anyway, it seems like you are confronted to a practical problem that you are
> >not communicating to this list.
>
> The practical problem is that applications which generate C code
> using prototype codes will generated *invalid* C code because the
> prototype code does not match the actual prototype.

Well, if we remove listcreate from libpari (but keep it in GP), this would not
be much better for you.

> Sage generates such code and I had to explicitly skip "listcreate"

Do you really need to process the section 'programming/specific' ?

> (together with "O" which is also something special).

I wonder whether it would not be better to use GP2C for that purpose.

Anyway, we could add fields to pari.desc to help you with your project if we
knew in more detail what you actually need.