Bill Allombert on Sat, 30 May 2015 15:08:07 +0200

Re: Experimental 64-bit windows GP binary

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:57:58PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Dear PARI developers,
>
> Following a contribution of Eric Driver, we have managed
> to build an experimental 64-bit windows binary that pass all the tests.
> It is available at:
> <http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/windows/snapshots/gp-mingw64-gfa553d7>
> It includes GNU GMP and readline support.
> Please test! (and see how much it is faster than the 32-bit version).
>
> I like to thanks Eric for starting this project and doing most of the work.
>
> Hopefully, we will be able to generate daily 64-bit windows binaries in the
> future.

Since the feedback was very positive, I have commited this to GIT master
branch, and now we generate daily 64-bit windows binaries.
They are available at
<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/windows/snapshots/>
as the files gp64-*.exe.

Configure now automatically patch the source code for mingw64 support when needed.

If all go well, I will backport this to PARI 2.7.4.