Vincent Delecroix on Tue, 02 Aug 2016 00:48:53 +0200

Re: latex macro

Hello,

On 28/07/16 12:56, Karim Belabas wrote:
* Vincent Delecroix [2016-07-28 18:20]:
Hello,

While trying to integrate the last pari snapshot into Sage, we had trouble
building the documentation [1]. The Sage documentation (in ReST format) is
generated automatically from the output of "gphelp -raw" for each function
that is currently supported. Our problem comes from two innocent macros that
appeared recently in some function documentation: \Hom and \Frob. Their
definitions are easily find in parimacro.tex.

The file parimacro.tex don't fit for us since it contains gp specific macros
and many tex that mathjax will not understand. Would it be possible to
isolate a small subset of typesetting macros that are needed to compile
function docstring? Any suggestion on an alternative way of doing this is of
course welcome.

Use an up to date 'gphelp' from 'master', then a direct 'gphelp -raw' should
indeed do the trick.

The script gphtml (http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/dochtml/gphtml)
uses 'gphelp -raw' + minor post-processing to generate both

  http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/dochtml/html/

and

  http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/dochtml/ref/

without error or warning.

I still got the issue with the 2.8.0-alpha. Namely

$ gphelp -raw mseval|grep Hom
<snip> @[startlword]Hom@[endlword] <snip>

And as far as I understand, @[startlword]Hom@[endlword] is intended to be replaced by \Hom. I am happy to introduce more rules for our automatic doc conversion, but I would prefer that these rules to be based on a pari file.

Best,
Vincent