Karim BELABAS on Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:48:41 +0200

Re: Recursive plotting

[Ilya:]
> a) Documentation says that PARI uses min 15 points for graphing, but
> analysis of the code says that it is 29 points. Since 15 looks like a right
> value, one need to change RECUR_NUMPOINTS to 8, so that PARI uses 15 points
> min.

Done for 2.0.8 (later this week probably).

> b) I think it is not yet late to change the meaning of flag 2 on the
> opposite : if it is set, PARI will not use heuristics to speed up plotting.
> One should value backward-compatibility, but with plotting precision does
> not come first.

I think it does for default use. The curves built recursively can vary
drastically from the correct output. I'm leaving the flag as is (you can
always define permanently a user function that behaves the way you like best).

Karim.
--
Karim Belabas                     e-mail: belabas@math.u-psud.fr
Dep. de Mathematiques, Bat. 425