Michael Somos on Sun, 31 Oct 1999 20:10:34 -0500 (EST)

?? help hilighting bug

I am not sure exactly if this is a bug, but it seems so to me. I am using

                    GP/PARI CALCULATOR Version 2.0.17 (beta)
                i686 running linux (ix86 kernel) 32-bit version

with a terminal emulator rxvt. When I use the advanced help :

gp> ??fordiv
fordiv(n,X,seq):

   the  formal  variable  X  ranging  through  the positive divisors of n,  the
sequence seq is evaluated. n must be of type integer.

gp>

The name of the function "fordiv" is in a red color and "seq" is underlined.
So far so good. Now I try a similar thing with another function :

gp> ??forstep
forstep(X = a,b,s,seq):

   the  formal  variable  X going from a to b,  in increments of s,  the seq is
evaluated.  Nothing is done if s > 0 and a > b or if s < 0 and a < b. s must be
in R^* or a vector of steps [s_1,...,s_n].   In the latter case, the successive
steps are used in the order they appear in s.

   ? forstep(x = 5, 20, [2,4], print(x))
   5
   7
   11
   13
   17
   19

gp>

Here the function name "forstep" again is in a red color and "seq" is also
underlined. However, a few more strings are also in red. Namely the "R" and
then the example code which is all in red. Finally, my "gp>" prompt becomes
red and stays that way. This means that the "bold" attribute is not turned
off or restored to its original status after the help message. Annoying.
Shalom, Michael

--
Michael Somos <somos@grail.cba.csuohio.edu>     Cleveland State University
http://grail.cba.csuohio.edu/~somos/            Cleveland, Ohio, USA 44115