Mills, D. Dr. MATH on Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:19:41 -0400

parallelization

Hello,

I'm using PARI on a supercomputer, and am curious to know any programming
"tricks" or "tips" to aid me in efficiently parallelizing my programs. If it
helps, I am performing a search algorithm on sets of polynomials over finite
fields in order to see which ones satisfy certain properties, and the search
is being performed on sets of coefficients (a1,a2,a3,...,ak) via a for loop.
I am also running programs which factor sets of numbers, none of which are
too large (no larger than 10^12 at the moment), but since I'm looking at
sets of such numbers the runtime is of course slow, and I'm hoping to speed
things up.

Thanks.

-Don Mills