Peter-Lawrence . Montgomery on Thu, 5 Apr 2001 20:48:43 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: catching errors

> From: Matias Atria <matias@sas.upenn.edu>

> A short question: How can I catch errors in the PARI library from C code
> so that my program does not die with
  > ***   Error in the PARI system. End of program. ?
> I see how this implemented by looking at the source code, but I could not
> find a "public" (i.e. accessible from PARI's headers) mechanism to do it.
> I don't mind using undocumented stuff, but I don't want to get in the way
> of the library code.
>
> Please enlighten me.
>
> Many thanks,
> Matias.

     After calling pari_init, I make two more calls if I am
in debug mode on an IRIX system.  These override the calls
made by PARI, letting me use the debugger to trace some errors.

  signal(SIGBUS,  SIG_DFL);
  signal(SIGSEGV, SIG_DFL);

        Peter Montgomery