Karim BELABAS on Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:24:11 +0100 (MET)

Re: GPRC

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Bruno Rothgiesser wrote:
> I'm a new Pari/GP user. I want pari220 to read a script just after it is
> loaded. It seems I have to use a grpc file, right?
> I've created a file "gprc.dft" with the following single line:
>
> read "test.gp"
>
> Both, "test.gp" and "gprc.dft" are in "c:\pari", where pari220.exe is.
> I can't see any effect, pari220 starts and does not load test.gp.
> What's wrong?

Hi,

  as the README file says [ or should have said; it definitely says so in
current version 2.1.3, and on the megrez ftp server ], the name of the file is
either  C:\_GPRC  or  C:\ETC\GPRC  or  the place indicated by environment
variable %GPRC [ no idea how you set that on modern Windows, DOS used to have
the AUTOEXEC.BAT thing, but it apparently got dumped. Don't have a Windows
box myself to try this out... ].

Currently your gprc is disregarded. When it is taken into account, you will
probably have to add an explicit path like

  read "C:\pari\test.gp"

Or add something like

  path = ".;C:\pari"

if you plan to have all your scripts in thie \pari directory.

The place where the pari binary lies is irrelevant.

Hope this helps,

    Karim.
--
Karim Belabas                    Tel: (+33) (0)1 69 15 57 48
Dép. de Mathematiques, Bat. 425  Fax: (+33) (0)1 69 15 60 19