rcasero on Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:10:42 +0100

don't understand inverseimage

Hi everybody. I'm new to pari, and I cannot understad the description of
the [mat]inverseimage(x, y) function. I suppose it's quite clear for
everybody else, but maybe it's that I'm also quite new to number theory.
I've searched for more information with Google, but I couldn't find
anything beside that.

I've been doing some tests with pg and octave, and it seems that if x =
A, y = y, it does something similar to

z = A^(-1) * y

But then , why z `belongs to the inverse image of y' and not `z is the
inverse image of y'?

Regards,

Ramón.

                Ramón Casero Cañas