Leonhard Möhring on Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:01:08 +0100

Re: gprc file

Hi,
the e:\ is my mistake. I guess the drive is the homedrive
(or so) wherever windows resides. As Karim said, the drive
where Pari binaries are, is irrelevant. Actually there's a
thread from a year ago, archived here:
http://www.parigp-home.de/lists/200202/index.shtml
from 11th to 13th february.

Not sure if it helps, but have a look.

cheers,

Leonhard

At 19:56 15.01.2003 +0000, you wrote:
This is from a recent conversation:

> >You need to put the file _gprc in your c:\ directory. When you do
>
>I placed the file in my root c: directory, the root partition directory
with
>Pari in it, e:, and in the same directory as Pari, but no luck...

Hmmm. You put it in the c:\ root directory? and called it just "_GPRC"
(with the underscore, without file extension?). If that doesn't work,
e:\etc\gprc (no underscore!, no extension) should work as well.
That is probably a better place for it (doesnt clutter c: root).
If the GPRC is read, the display starts with:

Reading GPRC: /etc/gprc ...Done.

                   GP/PARI CALCULATOR Version 2.1.3 (released)
                 i686 running cygwin (ix86 kernel) 32-bit version
               (readline v4.0 enabled, extended help not available)

How can I get this to work?

Jon Perry
perry@globalnet.co.uk
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths/