markus endres on 27 Feb 2003 15:06:37 +0100

nfgaloisconj

hi

assume L|K|Q is a tower of fields (Q the rationals).
L|K a galois extension.

then nfgaloisconj(L) determines the automorphisms from L over Q, hence
the galois group gal(L|Q) contains these automorphisms defined over Q.

but now, I want to compute the galois group gal(L|K).(ok, this is easy.
I look at the automorphisms of gal(L|Q) which fixes K pointwise).

now, I have gal(L|K) with automorphisms defined over Q, but I need these
automorphisms defined over K.

How can I do this?

thx in advance

markus