Bill Hale on Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:20:39 -0500

Macintosh GP input problem

I cannot paste into GP a function definition greater
than 256 characters. I suspect that I cannot type in
that much either (although I haven't tried it).
This limit applies only to one function. I can paste
in large amount of code for many short functions that
are less than 256 characters each.

Likewise, if I use the "\r" command, I don't get
any error message, but the program has not been
completely read in (up to a point where some
function definition is greater than 256 characters).

My operating system is Mac OS 9.1 and I dowloaded the
gp-2.0.14 package (although the GP screen says it
is version 2.0.12 alpha).

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a known problem?

Thanks for any help.

-- Bill Hale