Bill Allombert on Thu, 22 Jan 2004 01:26:13 +0100

Re: String utilities/files

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:00:18AM +0000, cino hilliard wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks Karim for the Strchr function I notice in the last release of the
> windows pari.exe
> I have built some traditional string functions using this and others. See
> the script below. See my
> comments. I have loaded this in my .gprc file but it would be nice if this
> would be built in to Pari in
> optimized code. There are many more functions that could be added.

If you want to do string processing, you should try the perl module
Math::PARI. You will have all the perl string functions and the PARI
functions.

Trying to retrofit strings handling in PARI at this stage seems a
bit desesperate.

> Also it would be nice to be able to do more direct file handling in Pari. I
> want to be able to read
> a 20 or 30 gig file of prime numbers.

Math::PARI is also able to handle that fine, though better files handling
is planned in PARI.