Chris Condrat on Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:27:39 +0100

Re: Lifting and handling errors

On 10/27/05, Karim Belabas <belabas@math.u-bordeaux1.fr> wrote:
Indeed lift() will probably overflow the stack again. The current
documentation of 'trap' suggests installing an error handler by typing

{ trap(errpile,
          print(reorder);
          writebin("crash")) }

This will save the values of all user variables in file 'crash' when
stack overflow occurs. And print their names on screen for diagnostics.

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using the C library, not the GP interface.  I can't find any documentation on how errors are trapped.  I've tried using some of the error trapping routines mentioned in previous posts, but none seem to catch the stack overflow, or at least as far as I've seen.

Thank you for your help.

CC