Karim Belabas on Sat, 12 May 2007 15:11:22 +0200

Re: gp2c , pari library and st99

* Karim Belabas [2007-05-12 12:23]:
> * Olivier Ramare [2007-05-12 12:08]:
> > Dear all,
> >
> >   I need the compilation option -st99 to be able
> > to use the linear programming solver lpsolve
> > (otherwise, it does not know long long, or so it says :-().
> >   My understanding of C code is limited, but
> > the code produced by gp2c does not meet this requirement,
> > or maybe it is the whole pari library that does not --
> >   Or maybe I could change the standard in between?
>
> Long answer: See
>   http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/archives/pari-users-0601/msg00005.html
>
> Short answer:
>   use the same C flags in Configure and in the intended application:
>
>   env CFLAGS="-std=c99" Configure && make install

New (and better) answer:

  just update from CVS and Configure. The problem should be gone.

Bill convinced me this was a serious problem after all...

Cheers,

    K.B.
--
Karim Belabas                  Tel: (+33) (0)5 40 00 26 17
Universite Bordeaux 1          Fax: (+33) (0)5 40 00 69 50