Bill Allombert on Sat, 06 Dec 2008 10:31:11 +0100

Re: gp2c malloc trouble

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 02:14:56AM +0100, Alain SMEJKAL wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have some trouble to add my own malloc'ed data into a gp2c source. When
> running with GP, I have to extend the stack many more than logically
> required.
> 4 Mb stack enable only to malloc 43 Kb, 8Mb -> 97 Kb
> What's wrong ?

malloc does not use the PARI stack so your problem is probably
elsewhere. Send me your script if you want.

If your script run under gp, it is better to use pari_malloc (gp_malloc
in older version of PARI) instead of malloc, because this protect you
against control-C being pressed during the malloc call.