ZerreZ on Fri, 06 Feb 2009 10:28:08 +0100

How can I change the base in PARI

First of all, I'm sorry for creating a new thread, instead of replying to my previous, but
your anti-spam system is /really/ trying to get rid of me.

Well, as an elaboration:

I am computing the roots of integer polynomials to high precision and I want to do this in several different bases.
If PARI is using base 2^32 internally, it should be possible to change the output base?

"high precision" means 10-100 million digits, so a manual base change would be /very/ slow.

Thanks in advance :-)

--
Johan Brinch,
Dept. of Computer Science,