Bill Allombert on Mon, 07 Jun 2010 15:57:09 +0200

Re: pari on the iPad

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 12:21:28PM +0100, John Cremona wrote:
> William Stein has successfully got pari/gp running on his iPad.  See here:
>
> http://sagemath.blogspot.com/2010/06/pari-on-ipad-component-of-sage.html

some comments:

   5. The build fails, so I edited the file src/kernel/none/mp_indep.c in
   a somewhat random way to get it to compile.  More precisely, I
   commented out lines 794-801, and replaced them by:

The issue is that Configure cannot guess the double format when cross-compiling
so PARI_DOUBLE_FORMAT is not defined correctly.

It would be useful to know which exact level of ARM ABI is supported by the
IPAD to write an inline assembly kernel for ipad.