McLaughlin, James on Thu, 04 Aug 2011 04:40:35 +0200

RE: Bessel Functions

Just installed the 2.5.0 version, and that does it.

Jimmy
From: Andreas Enge [andreas.enge@inria.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 1:26 PM
To: McLaughlin, James
Cc: pari-users@list.cr.yp.to
Subject: Re: Bessel Functions

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 05:09:51PM +0000, McLaughlin, James wrote:
> (However, typing bessel then twice the tab key does not do anything)

So maybe this is a feature that is not available under windows.

> I tried your suggestion of an extra parameter in the taylor command previously, but it did not work.
>
> I just installed
>                   GP/PARI CALCULATOR Version 2.3.4 (released)
> in case there was a problem with an earlier version but the problem is still there.

It looks like this is a new feature in the current stable version 2.5.0, see
   http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/dochtml/html.stable/Polynomials_and_power_series.html#taylor

Currently, Pari/Gp is not fully distributed under windows, see
   http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/download.html
Maybe the "Basic GP binary for Windows" available on that page would be
suitable for your needs.

Andreas