Bill Allombert on Mon, 14 May 2012 22:47:36 +0200

Re: PARI description translation in Czech

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 09:50:29PM +0200, Michal Bulant wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> the translation is almost correct (it's understandable but slightly changing
> meaning of some statements) so I would  suggest the following modification:

Thanks. The Debian translators are careful, but sometime they make blunder because
they do not know some mathematical term has a special translation.

I added your version to the PARI website. If you do not set content negotiation, you
can see it at http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/index.cs.html.
Please it displays correctly and that I did not break your text when edding the HTML
mark up.

If you have some time, consider translating the second half:

 * PARI is a C library, allowing fast computations.
 * gp is an easy-to-use interactive shell giving access to the PARI functions.
 * GP is the name of gp's scripting language.
 * gp2c, the GP-to-C compiler, combines the best of both worlds by compiling GP scripts to the C language and transparently loading the resulting functions into gp. (gp2c-compiled scripts will typically run 3 or 4 times faster.) gp2c currently only understands a subset of the GP language.

(so far we have cs,de,en,es,fr,it,ja)

Thanks again for your contribution,
Bill.