Bill Allombert on Sat, 22 Sep 2012 14:42:23 +0200

Re: Terminal vs. PARI

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 08:16:22PM +0000, Gulen Cevik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed PARI/GP by downloading the tar.gz file from the web-page.
>
> Now, the terminal editor does not work with gp.
>
> The TAB-complete is not completing; instead it really TABs.

Hello,

You need to build GP with readline support so you need to install the development
files for libreadline. I suggest you look in the PARI FAQ for all entries that
mentions readline.

The FAQ URL is http://www.math.u-bordeaux1.fr/~kbelabas/pari/doc/faq.html

If you need more help, please send us the output of Configure so we know what kind
of system you have.